- Kenwood 2-channel (bridgeable to one channel) amplifier
- Rated power (4 ohm, 20 ~ 20 kHz, 0.08%THD): 170 W x 2
- Rated power (2ohm, 1kHz, 0.8%THD): 250 W x 2
- Bridged power (4ohm, 1kHz, 0.8%THD): 500W
- Maximum output power (4 ohm, Bridged): 1000W
- Aluminium Die-cast heat-sink with Aluminium dress-plate
- Power MOSFET Switching Power Supply
- 2 ohm load capability
- high-pass (12 dB per octave) and low-pass (24 dB per octave) filters variable from 50 to 200 Hz
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- cooling fan
- MOSFET power supply
- speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on
- preamp-level inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- Dimensions: 13-3/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 9-3/8"D
Kenwood made their reputation building car amplifiers that offer no-nonsense reliability and superior sound quality. The compact KAC-7204 2-channel amplifier features a rugged cast-aluminum chassis 30% smaller than its predecessor, yet it'll still pump out 170 watts RMS to each of two speakers or up to 500 watts RMS to a subwoofer without straining your car's electrical system.
Built-in high- and low-pass filters adjust the amplifier output so you'll get the best sound possible from your speaker or subwoofer combo, while the variable bass boost lets you dial in up to 18 dB of bass boost, if you want to fatten up the sound.
The front-mounted controls allow you to tweak the sound easily, and the convenient front-side connections make setup a snap. Signal sensing turn-on and speaker-level inputs allow these amps to hook up to factory radios that don't have preamp outputs.